WORST travel experience ever!!!!I was on a stop over from Vancouver to LA enroute to Montego Bay Jamaica, American Airlines cancelled my itinerary and had me stranded in LA as they said i never boarded the flight from Vancouver.

After much struggle and rude customer service my itinerary was re engaged and I was able to get on my flight to Montego bay. The flight there, there was an air conditioning problem, we all were freezing, our luggage was sopping wet when arrived in Jamaica. Now on the return from Jamaica, I had asked the concierge to check me in on line, she had now learned once again that i did not exist as apparently i did not board the flight from YVR therefore my itinerary was cancelled, so did I walk to Jamaica? After speaking with 4 different unapologetic customer service reps, that were all rude, I was left with having to go to the airport early to sort it out as they could not help me over the phone and apparently American Airlines does not allow international on line check in ???

really ? what year is this ? i get to the airport to learn once again that i don't exist. I have a copy of the slip ( received in Montego Bay) that i could show stating that i did not board YVR therefore I don't exist in the system, The America Airlines attendant had to spend quite some time with the help of a supervisor to try and find me...

this has made my vacation both going and coming terribly stressful and a waste of time arguing with America Airlines and this mistake that is on their part. I am now boarded the flight, i ordered a glass of wine which the flight hostess, who seemed annoyed at the request with heavy sighing , and I cannot begin to to tell how you how rude she was, but i am not going to waste space with the details, In a nutshell to follow: my stop over in Dallas was a gong show, very confusing, mess up of duty free, broke some of my things. So as a security concern ,say I was kidnapped in the airport, the last my family and friends had heard of me was that i was boarding American Airlines to go to Jamaica, if you have no record of me in your system... I don't exist.

Next say I was a dangerous person, causing problems on a flight, you have no record of me being on this flight... is this not a major security concern??? i have never in 25 years been treated so poorly let alone abandon in travel, at each port with an airline company and to have to go thru this stress on a vacation at each stop-over port, this is absolute insanity! and no apologies from any attendant i dealt with.

Is this the kind of service you want to be known for ?

terrible!I would hope to hear from someone on behalf of your airline to rectify this terrible experience .

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service at American Airlines. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $1200 and wants American Airlines to issue a full refund.

The most disappointing in user's experience was poor customer service. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

Also, this reviewer considered the following company: Southwest Airlines. We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by American Airlines and american airlines inflight service for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with American Airlines?

Comments