Resolved
1.1

WORST EXPERIENCE WITH CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!!! We were on Flight 750 from Philadelphia to Brussels on May 15th.

American Airlines cancelled the flight without notifying us. My husband purchased his ticket and paid for a preferred seat. I was using advantage miles. Because of my using advantage miles I could only be routed through Madrid not London where we would have arrived at 11:00am instead of 2:35 Pm when originally we were to arrive at 8:55AM.

Meanwhile we were to meet 16 Undergraduate students at 8:00AM on the 16th. Imagine that conversation with the parents when we had to say we would be delayed meeting their children in "Brussels airport". American airlines would not help us in ANYWAY to fly through London-not allowed on the advantage travel. Would not help us to sit together even when we were willing to pay extra on the flight from Philadelphia to Madrid- NOT ALLOWED ON ADVANTAGE TRAVEL.

We were on hold or talking with an agent for over four hours in three days and we were not able to get this resolved. This would have never happened on USAIR. I hate American Airlines and will never fly with them again and am canceling my credit card as soon as I can. WHY WOULD ANYONE FLY WITH A CARRIER THAT DID NOT CARE ABOUT HELPING THEIR CUSTOMERS AND REFUSING MONEY TO UPGRADE?

CRAZY!!!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: American Airlines Flight 750.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

American Airlines Cons: Denied extra emergency ticket, Treatment and rebooking when canceled, Treatment and delays, Customer service when flight cancelled.

Comments

You apparently chose the Advantage Travel, right? There are limitations on mileage bought tickets.

We all know that. The question I have is why were you two so irresponsible with regard to the children. Being a Penn Stater, as I am, it would seem quite simple to figure out: Your husband would fly on his route through London and get there to meet the children only 2 hours late.

You could fly the Advantage mile route and arrive later. From the fact you are married and from Penn State, certainly you are mature enough to fly by yourself like an adult.

@Anonymous

My experience in the past with USAIR was nothing like that with American. That being said you are right the students come first of course and we have made arrangements for them to be met and all is well.

The point was the treatment by American.

To suggest that I was irresponsible was judging before having all the facts.

American Airlines Reviews