Tempe, Arizona

If you ever have an issue with an American flight forget any good customer service. I spent the day yesterday in the hospital and I have a contagious infection.

The doctor said it was safe to travel in 72 hours. I have a fight in 24 hours. I called American to change the flight to 72 hours later, thinking its a good thing, and they said it doesn't matter to us if you fly contagious, you need to pay a 200 change fee.

So I clarified with Donnie what he said and he said I was making the decision not to fly. So beware of American flights!!!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: American Airlines Flight.

American Airlines Cons: Horrible customer service.

Comments

When you bought a non-refundable ticket with change fees, you gambled you could go on that date. You lost.

Regardless of the reason, it is you who selected a non-refundable ticket instead of paying more for a refundable ticket. Obviously, no airline wants sick people to fly, but at the same time, there are a lot of people, not you, who would rip the airlines off if that excuse got them a pass on change fees.

American Airlines Reviews