Additional Fees
Level of Comfort

If you ever have an issue with an American flight forget any good customer service.I spent the day yesterday in the hospital and I have a contagious infection.

The doctor said it was safe to travel in 72 hours. I have a fight in 24 hours. I called American to change the flight to 72 hours later, thinking its a good thing, and they said it doesn't matter to us if you fly contagious, you need to pay a 200 change fee.

So I clarified with Donnie what he said and he said I was making the decision not to fly.So beware of American flights!!!!!

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service at American Airlines. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $83 and wants American Airlines to issue a full refund.

The most disappointing in user's experience was poor customer service. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

Also, this reviewer considered the following company: Southwest Airlines. We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by American Airlines and american airlines flight for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with American Airlines?

Comments

When you bought a non-refundable ticket with change fees, you gambled you could go on that date.You lost.

Regardless of the reason, it is you who selected a non-refundable ticket instead of paying more for a refundable ticket.Obviously, no airline wants sick people to fly, but at the same time, there are a lot of people, not you, who would rip the airlines off if that excuse got them a pass on change fees.