2.3
Additional Fees
Level of Comfort
Number of Destinations

All of those are my opinions based on Brazil-US flights from CFN or GRU to Miami or NY and a cancelled flight:

American Airlines not only use old planes as use as a marketing for doing what they are obliged to do (renew the company planes). Forgivable, it's a low cost company.

Then they have the bad flight attendants not prepared, not nice, not motivated, with a medium to bad service, including destroying your luggage at some point of it (I lost two for good, my tip is to buy cheap ones, so if you flight with them it's gonna be one use or two only). Forgivable.

I don't like to navigate in their horrible internet website and the mileage points are really not easy to use, to accumulate, to anything. Forgivable.

But the worse is to come - They have a system of non refundable tickets, as everybody else in the world (that give you 24h to give up with no costs), but they don't allow you to cancel it without paying a lot. In my experience, I had to cancel a flight bought after 45 minutes, not refundable, and they immediately charged the credit card. Ok.

I was eligible for a refund, after a really long time, 10 days, they said - no. But only in the refund-not-working-well-website, sending me no email, neither call.

Alright - so I can't get any refund. They put it as a credit - oh wow! such good company. No no nononono! First, to use it, you have to pay 200$. It is your credit, that came to them with no cost, that you can't use for yourself without paying to them the biggest tax I have ever seen that not even banks are so grieve to apply.

Ok - unforgivable.

As I would recommend to you consumers, pay an extra and use any other company. It is going to be worthy, either if you need reasonable talk to the company, or when you need to buy new luggage, or when you need to pay 200$ for using your own money, or other I hope I won't get once I won't use that company again.

polidorobio wrote the review because of poor customer service at American Airlines. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $200 and wants American Airlines to offer any options to resolve the issue.

The most disappointing in user's experience was charged for a service and poor customer service. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

Also, this reviewer considered the following company: Southwest Airlines. We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by American Airlines and american airlines flight for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with American Airlines?

Comments