Update by user Feb 28

very upset. This is really unacceptable.

This was So stressful and a constant nightmare. AA has proved to be a most upsetting experience. We had our flight cancelled without being told. I had to pay to drive 8 hours all night to an unfamiliar city to catch a different flight in order to get to my intended destination on time.

Instead it was plagued with disappointment and anguish. We arrived in Florida exhausted and would have only further aggravation on the return flights. I would like our luggage replaced, reimbursed for the rental vehicle with Budget, and gas, compensation for the Hampton Inn hotel, return our airfares, and given compensation for the wretched treatment when returning from Philadelphia to Boston.

I cannot express enough how upset I am about this experience with American Airlines. Sincerely, Jeannie Crivello Patricia Crivello Alexandra Keohane Bretton Keohane 3 Homestead Road Sagamore Beach, MA 02562 508 272 2251

Original review posted by user Feb 27

05:30 PM

AMERICAN AIRLINES1726PHL PhiladelphiaFeb 25, 2018

06:09 PMBOS BostonFeb 25, 2018

07:44 PM

My family and I (four adults) have just returned to Boston on Sunday February 25th traveling on American Airlines from Ft Lauderdale via Philadelphia. (Flights above) It was a round trip ticket that had been scheduled to depart from Boston on Sunday February 18th traveling to Ft Lauderdale via Charlotte. A total of 4 flights. I am writing to express my extreme disappointment and upset with how American Airlines treated us throughout this trip. There were so many problems I am compelled to write this letter and request compensation.

1. With a cruise ship to board in Florida on Sunday afternoon February 18th, by 3pm,. we had our Sunday 6am flight #1862 reserved to get us to Ft Lauderdale in time. There was a chance of snow in the forecast, but nothing definite. AA just cancelled the flight with no notice!! This flight was Canceled w no notification and we were not ever informed of this decision by AA. I found out by going on line to check-in the night before…. as we were heading to the Boston Logan Airport hotel. Without our notification, AA went ahead and scheduled us on a different flight later on that day to Miami - a different airport all together.! The fact that we were not notified, and AA had the audacity to reschedule us without consulting us and to a different airport is inconceivable. We had to forfeit our reservation to sleep at the Hampton Inn at Logan the night before. This hotel had a no refund policy. This decision by AA further forced us to rent a vehicle from Budget rental at Logan Airport, spending several hundred dollars unexpectedly. We then had to pay gas and drive all night on dangerous dark roads to Philadelphia in order to catch a flight to get to the connection in Charlotte and then our Ft. Lauderdale destination! This is so wrong and unacceptable.

2. AA Destroyed two suitcases on the flight #1726, Philadelphia to Boston. Unacceptable. My daughter Ali Keohane’s suitcase had the handle ripped right off. My suitcase had a wheel smashed and now no longer rolls. The cost and expectation for me to replace two suitcases because of AA’s carelessness is unacceptable.

3. Also, On flight #1726, upon returning from Philadelphia to Boston, I was told that I could not get on the plane with my carry on bag. The carry on bag I have always used. I stated that I just traveled the other three legs of this journey with my carry-on bag. The AA woman stated there was not enough room on the plane for any more carry-on bags and the overheads were full. That is not my problem. I am a paying customer and paid my fee the same as the other passengers. All of my valuables, necessities, gifts and medications were in my bag, which is why it was my “carry on” bag. As a paying customer; already paying to check my main piece of luggage, it is expected that I will have a seat on the plane and a place above to put my carry on bag. The AA woman representative at Boarding became rude when I nearly cried not knowing how to check the bag at that point. I said I did not want to part with my bag whereby she rudely stated that I could stay with the bag and that I didn’t have to get on the plane either!

I have never experienced such behavior on any airline in my life. Ultimately I checked the bag at the last minute and got on the plane. When I did I saw that there was much space in the overhead compartments for all of our carry on bags. I was very, very upset. This is really unacceptable.

4. My mother was traveling in my group. She is 85 years old, w health issues requiring a wheel chair. The chair was not there when she arrived in Philadelphia and had to give a large extra $20 tip to the man in the airport driving the golf cart because she couldn’t walk from gate A to gate B in time for the transfer connecting flight to Boston.! This was So stressful and a constant nightmare.

AA has proved to be a most upsetting experience. We had our flight cancelled without being told. I had to pay to drive 8 hours all night to an unfamiliar city to catch a different flight in order to get to my intended destination on time. We had two pieces of luggage ruined. Lastly, I was treated with disrespect and not a valued customer at the last leg of my trip. We are not a wealthy family. We had saved for this vacation for a long time and had looked forward and trusted AA as part of that experience. Instead it was plagued with disappointment and anguish. We arrived in Florida exhausted and would have only further aggravation on the return flights.

I would like our luggage replaced, reimbursed for the rental vehicle with Budget, and gas, compensation for the Hampton Inn hotel, return our airfares, and given compensation for the wretched treatment when returning from Philadelphia to Boston. I cannot express enough how upset I am about this experience with American Airlines.

Sincerely,

Jeannie Crivello

Patricia Crivello

Alexandra Keohane

Bretton Keohane

3 Homestead Road

Sagamore Beach, MA 02562

508 272 2251

Review about: American Airlines Flight.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Comments

Poor baby get over it. Stop looking for a payday you don’t deserve.

Inconvenience doesn’t equate to money!! Take what you can get and go away!!

You ain’t getting anything else. You’re blowing it all out of proportion due to your mommy issues.

This has not been resolved to my satisfaction. I was offered $100 voucher by American Airlines.

This adds insult to injury and I am very displeased and offended.

I have called back twice to say that is unsatisfactory and I have not heard back. I don’t understand how companies and big airlines like this can get away with such reprehensible treatment to their passengers