San Jose, California
2.6

Ridiculous not to offer the same benefits other airlines offer, had the airline worked with me on change fees, I might have become a customer for life. Because of this experience I will never fly American and I will be sure to let everyone I know hear about the poor customer experience.

$200 change fee plus an additional $50 fee for 3rd party booking, that's more than the original ticket cost.

I would much rather pay $20 to $30 extra at booking to have the security of knowing the airline I am flying with is concerned enough about me being a returning customer that they impose no change fees (thanks southwest, I am now a customer for life). Do the math American: you keep the cost of my original ticket $227 but you will never have repeat business from me c'mon...

Product or Service Mentioned: American Airlines Flight Booking.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

American Airlines Cons: Customer service, No solution to issues.

Comments

Alot of airlines have change fees.you agreed to it when you purchased your ticket.

#1209674

When you buy a non-refundable ticket, you agree to these terms in exchange for a lower initial price. Buy refundable, or don't change your mind about when to go.

American Airlines Reviews