Alabaster, Alabama
3.5

My husband and I were going back home the week after he retired. We flew to Miami and they put us on an American Eagle flight.

It was after 9 at night so we saw one baggage loader working. They took my husbands brief and said it would not fit but will be safe. He had a TSA lock on it. He also had almost 9000.00 dollars in it.

When they took it he did not want them to see him take it out. He is 77 so he felt OK with it. Well, guess what? Money gone,and American will not even talk to us to tell us what is being done.

They said they did not owe us any information. That was his retirement.

Why did a handler have a TSA key, and I know there are cameras. Do some work American and invesigate.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Airlines Baggage Policy.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

American Airlines Cons: Customer care, Charged for a service.

Comments

It is mind boggling that anyone old enough and mature enough to be retirement age would put $9,000.00 in cash in a bag. The airlines is not responsible for valuables placed in bags by contract.

Further too many people handle each bag to effectively look at all the videos and do an investigation in multiple cities. This looks like one of those decisions that cost him his money.

American Airlines Reviews