Traveling on May 18 with a flight to Dallas and connecting flight to Lima, Peru. We (as it was 3 of us) arrived as directed at the airport (MCI) 2 hours prior to flight.

We immediately got in the AA line as more than usual amounts of people were waiting to see ticket agents. Immediately we heard yelling from one of the agents for the airline telling and advising everyone to call a number on a card she was handing out as the flight had been cancelled. I got out of line. I took the card and called the number being reassured flight had not been cancelled.

Returning to the line and again meeting the yelling agent we were told "oh go over there, you are in the wrong line to get your boarding passes." Interesting enough, if she had not been so volatile earlier and more explanatory we would have not been in the wrong line.

We get boarding passes and begin to wait. I should state that Kansas City had some bad weather that day but was rain free at the time we were there. After a period of waiting, we are informed flight delayed. Now remember we have a connecting flight for an international flight.

Again, after that delay another delay. We are into 4 hours sitting at airport. At hour 6 of waiting, we were informed flight cancelled. I call the 1800 number card given by yelling agent to find out there were no other flight out of MCI to Dallas until Wednesday.

The only saving grace after all of this was we were found another flight to Lima, Peru out of Dallas to Orlando then Lima. We were on a tour so it was necessary to be in Lima, Peru by Sunday as that's when tour began. So we rented a car and drove 7 hours to make the our tour. We arrive safely to Dallas, I must add, after little sleep and feeling a sense of relief and wait to board Dallas flight to Orlando.

Sitting comfortably on plane , we hear from the pilot the plane has too much fuel onboard and it has to be removed and will take 15mins. I COULD'NT MAKE THIS UP IF I WANTED TO.

Fifteen mins later the pilot tells us it will take longer and by that time I couldn't hear rationale only thing I could think is that we have done all this only to miss our 7 months planned trip to South America.

One hour + later we take off. We arrive in Orlando at 4p with our flight for Lima at 5:17p. Luckily, I told Ronetta K an airline stewardess (sorry I forgot new title) of our nightmare so far and she informed us that she was unsure if we would make flight but would ask other passenger to wait until we got our luggage to allow us to exit airplane first to give us more time.

To the surprise of even to staff no one rushed to get their luggage allowing us to exit first. Kudos to passengers of flight AA586.

To end this nightmare story, we did make it to our flight for Peru being the last few to enter plane.

American airlines proved to me if you have an option to fly DON'T USE THEM, WHICH I WON'T. TO ME THE WORST AIRLINE EVER. NO ONE SEEMED TO KNOW HOW TO RESPOND TO INCLEMENT WEATHER.

NO ONE WAS IN CHARGE. SCREAMING HOLLERING STAFF. NO RECOURSE TO CANCELLATIONS.

OH, LET US NOT FORGET BOARDING PASSENGERS ON A PLANE WHICH IS OVER FUELED AND HAVING PASSENGER WAIT ON PLANE ONE HOUR PLUS FOR THIS TO BE CORRECTED. FLY THIS AIRLINE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!!!

OH, BTW, IN PROCESS OF TRYING TO GET REFUND FOR FLIGHT NOT TAKEN.

I HEAR FROM MY TOUR COMPANY IT COULD BE WEEKS AND IT IS TO THE DISCRETION OF AIRLINES HOW MUCH IS RETURNED.

brown_cd@bellsouth.net

American Airlines Pros: Flight attendant ronetta k on flight 586 dfw to mco may l9, Flight support.

American Airlines Cons: Staff, Staff lack of knowlege.

• AA Airport Personnel
  • Poor Service American Airlines

Comments

Machele

It has always been the case---and even more nowadays---to allow much more time during all phases of your flight schedules, especially between connecting flights. Most flights are solidly-booked and with the angst of encountering TSA nonsense alot of time is needed before you ever get on the plane.

That's just the way it is but I can tell you one thing and that is you will look back on this whole experience and, perhaps not laugh but realize you made it eventually and it won't be as bad as it was when it was happening. "Time heals all wounds" as the saying goes.

American Airlines Reviews