Dallas, Texas

Our Oct. 2 and Oct.

11, 2014 flights required that we fly both American Airlines and Iberian Airlines, an American Airlines partner, from Madrid to Morocco. I mention this because between the two airlines they lost our luggage. So we had no luggage or change of clothes for our entire trip, and now we are home and we still don't have our luggage. How does this happen?

It is all computerized, so how is it that they have no idea where our luggage is? American Airlines claims no responsibility for any of it, even though they didn't put our luggage on our flight in Dallas, and didn't send it forward (according to their records), until two days later. So our claim now has to be with Iberian. This is a problem because they are a foreign airline, who's first language is Spanish.

So speaking to them is difficult, even when they put a supposedly English-speaking person on the phone. They too, claim no responsibility and had the nerve to tell us that if it was forwarded to Marrakech, then we would have to pay to have it sent home to us. We contacted the airport every day and checked on their online site everyday and the website kept saying they were still searching. How then is it our responsibility to pay for it to get home?

I'm very dissatisfied with both of these airlines.

One final thing, I have traveled the world for many years and never have I been treated this way. Also, I experienced three terrible landings with American Airlines, hitting the runway so hard on landing that it was frightening.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Airlines Baggage Policy.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

• no compensation