1.2
Additional Fees
Level of Comfort
Number of Destinations
Quality of Food

I was travelling from Richmond, VA to Albany, NY for an urgent business trip, and was boarded to AA flight to ALB at last minutes, as the flight from RIC was late to get taxied and opened the door for passengers to exit (there is no proper reason I know for this delay).The crews at gates help me to board the flight at the last minutes of boarding before the gates were closed.

When I entered the flight, I realized that my seat (#14 window single seat) was occupied by a person (who looks like an AA pilot?), and when told him that the seat he was sitting was reserved for me. But he was not giving much attention to my request and by the time the flight attendant ran over to my place and asked me to sit row#12, which was near to the emergency exit. I was really unhappy with the seat change as the person occupied the seat didn't even talk to me or give proper attention to my request. But I decided to occupy Row#12 seat as I don't want to make an issue at the last minutes of takeoff.

The moment I sat there, I realized that the seat has a real big problem, there was an iron rod projected out from the right side of the had-rest support (hand rest was very small) and hitting my right side thigh. It was really inconvenient for anyone to sit there, even though my body was very lean built I had too much of trouble sitting there. After the flight took off, I complaint to flight crew about the seat is broken and cannot sit there. The flight attendant responded as if she already know about the problem, but didn't give much attention to my concern and I had to continue in the same place.

By the time I reached ALB, NY, my leg was completely numbed, it took few hours got it to normal. I was totally disappointed by the service provided by AA staffs in the flight and not sure why didn't agree to give the reserved seat and offered me a damaged seat to occupy a staff (?) of AA.

I have communicated the issue to AA customer support and they have simply apologized and granted me with 2500 airline miles.They also tried to justify their action by quoting their 2000+ lines of rule.

Review about: American Airlines Flight.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Had an Experience with American Airlines?

Comments

LadyScot
Naples, Florida, United States #1318999

"They also tried to justify their action by quoting their 2000+ lines of rule."

If you don't like the policy don't fly any airline.

to LadyScot #1319104

Thank you sir. It was a great idea.

Nicap2
to Anonymous Bridgeville, Pennsylvania, United States #1333490

Eventually we will have flying cars capable of high speed in air that will make airlines obsolete for all but international and the longest hauls.Technology is there a long time ago.

Affordability is the issue. In this country we are Ameri-CANs. We solve problems and fire incompetents. I have fired employers for this.

Yes this is possible.Demand the change with enough people it will happen