Marlborough, Massachusetts

My flight was delayed by the airline, It caused us to miss my connection, lost my first class seats, ended up sitting in the middle of two people and not one I traveled with. The woman at the desk assured us that we would have 1st class seats on the connecting flight later on that night.

I Complained and for the difference between first class and coach they gave me $29.00 !! What a ripoff! Its not only insulting its stealing!! I will NEVER FLY AMERICAN AIRLINES!

You can't even speak to someone! It all has to be done by email.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Airlines Flight.

Comments

Yes, it is true. They used to have people in their Consumer Relations department that you could talk to.

In my recent experience, I have written to them and received back a canned response that had nothing to do with the issue I wrote about. They not only outsourced the email communication to the computer, they outsourced the interpretation of the incoming message. They really, truly no longer care.

It is perfectly analogous to the desk personnel removing or hiding their name tags. They KNOW they will have complaints to deal with and don't wish to be held responsible.

@David Greenberg

I meant to mention in my post just now that I have 5.7 million miles on American and have been at the Executive Platinum level for 12 years running. This will be the last year of that nonsense.

Not worth the aggravation to me. And I've said this to the airline and I'll give you 1 guess to score how much they care about that. The problem is that American didn't buy USAir. It was the other way around.

At the moment of the transaction, it just so happened that American was the one in bankruptcy. USAir had already climbed out of theirs. American was the last of the legacy airlines to face it because they had been doing so well.

USAir's attitude is that the REASON they were in bankruptcy was due to their service being too kind to their passengers. Upside down airline.

American Airlines Reviews