Charlotte, North Carolina

I called my aa gold priority phone number at 5am because I was going to finish my meeting earlier than expected and I was on a 630 pm flight(AA1277)- I was told that there was plenty of room on AA 1871 at 351 pm, and I could either pay $200 now or standby for free. The agent noted there were plenty of seats and since I was Gold my best option was to stand by.

I arrived at the airport at 1 pm , an American agent helped me print my boarding pass and in trying to let me standby for the earlier flight noted I had to go to US AIR to standby for the 351pm flight. I then went to US AIR where I was told they were rude, since as they stated” they are not American “and could not help unless AA transferred the ticket, and for me to return to American (she said they were a different airline).I went back to American and they said they could not help, my two options were to purchase a new ticket on US AIR (not their airline) or wait 6 hours and purchase a day pass in the admirals club. The agent was very nasty. But concluded "PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW I CAN BE OF ASSISTANCE HAVE A NICE DAY". I then went through security and called the gold priority phone, paid the $200 and got on the 351 pm plane ..

The personnel at the airport were mean and not courteous. Meanwhile on the flight they announced flight 1871 (never mentioning US AIR) and the pilot referred this as an American flight. This is devious and fraudulent based on what the agents noted.

Comments

We had the same thing happen to us! Our cancelled AA flight was rebooked on United.

I was told by United that we are all booked and just go to the United counter to get our boarding passes, but the United agent told us that AA hadn't transferred the tickets. We had to go to the AA counter. It took the AA agent nearly an hour to get us on a flight (we missed the scheduled United flight while he was on the phone doing whatever he was supposed to do.) And he took a call from his supervisor and had a nice little lengthy chat before I motioned a wrap-up signal that we were going to miss the flight if he didn't get to work. My complaint is that our flight was cancelled due to insufficient crew.

Isn't that what our ticket fee is for?

To have a crew to fly the plane?

Look on line and you will see that AA Flight 1871 is a codeshare flight operated by U.S. Airways.

Codeshare flights are where one airlines creates its own flight number and sells tickets on flights operated by other airlines.

American Airlines states "Codeshares allow us to sell seats on flights operated by other airlines. This means you can easily combine American and US Airways flights with other partner airlines to create a single itinerary to multiple destinations." The problem obviously is that US Airways were the ones actually operating the flight and the paperwork was not done correctly to transfer your ticket to them for the 3:51 pm flight.

American Airlines Reviews