1.3

I had booked my flight through a 3rd party website and when I went to select my seat I went to Qantas which was the airline through which I booked the ticket- only to find out after several attempts that I needed to go to American Airlines for seat assignment. When I did that I was told there were no seats other than middle seats and one window seat which I reluctantly took.

Then was told this seat was a preferred seat and I would be charged $26. Why was it preferred? It was further towards the front of the plane- no extra legroom - no nothing except location. I felt that I was forced to take it or suffer a middle seat for 6 hours.

Additionally, they came by 2 times with beverage service- nothing else. Oh, they also charged me $50 for booking through a 3rd party website. Baggage fee on top of all that and to add insult to injury, they wanted to charge $5 for ear phones. When I got home from my trip,I wrote a letter to the CEO about my miserable flight to LA.

A customer service rep. responded with nothing but corporate platitudes- no attempt to either resolve or to compensate me for the confusion I experienced.

The rep simply kept repeating American Airlines policy and then told me what a valuable customer I was, yada, yada. I asked to speak to her supervisor- she has refused to give me a contact person.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Airlines Flight Booking.

Preferred solution: Very simple- refund my $26 and apologize for the confusion..

American Airlines Cons: No respect for passengers, Customer service, No solution to issues, Customer service no solution to issues.

Comments

Andrea

You paid for your choice of seat. Free seats are the ones that the airline chooses for you.

American Airlines Reviews