Texas, United States
2.0

On 6/23/16 I had a flight from Chicago, IL going to Dallas,TX for my birthday. I boarded the plane only to have to exit the plane because of maintenance issues with the hydraulics.

After sitting for over an hour they found me another flight. On 6/26/16 I had a flight to return to Chicago, IL from Dallas,TX. I boarded the plane only to have to exit it because of maintenance issues again. On this time it was more dangerous.

The fuel to the plane was leaking and pouring out from under the plane. I was sitting by the window only to see it with my own eyes the fuel coming from under the plane like someone had poured a big bucket of water on the ground. I exited the plane and set waiting for another replacement plane for 4 hours.

I was pissed off and my relationship with American Airlines is over. This could have led to a very tragic incident due to poor maintenance on their planes.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Airlines Flight 2301.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

American Airlines Cons: Phone agent unable to help.

• Airline Travel - American Airline

Comments

Look at it this way, their procedures and check lists were such that they discovered the maintenance problems prior to ***. The leaking aviation fuel ( which is like kerosene) could have been the result of the airport fueling people misconnecting the refueling line and clipping the gasket, or something of that nature. The plane could have been fine until they messed up a seal.

American Airlines Reviews