Passenger Smoking on American Airlines Flight 2515

23 of 472 American Airlines reviews

I was seated in first class (5B) and started to feel like I could not breathe and my eyes were watering, then I looked over to see the passenger in (5E) smoking an e-cigarette, I got up and alerted the flight attendant servicing first class and her response was, "Oh ***, she's doing what?" She was then showed pictures and a video of the passenger smoking. When I left the plane at LAX myself and 2 other passengers (One was an asthma patient) immediately told the American Airlines person at the door in the terminal the same thing we told the in-flight attendant, she called "Lana Star, Operational Supervisor," and we showed her the pictures and video, at which time Ms. Star went to the plane and talked to the flight attendant.

Ms Star then returned and told us that the flight attendant servicing first class did not inform the captain that the passenger in 5E was smoking or informed the captain that we had told her about the incident and showed her pictures. Ms Star told us that she couldn't do anything about it because the passenger had left the plane, to which I replied, she is picking up her dog at the baggage claim. She repeated that there was nothing she could do and for me to contact customer relations. I then reported the incident to customer service agent Jonnie (Employee # EN9)

The safety of my life and hundreds of passengers was put at risk by one selfish passenger and then overlooked and excused by a series of American Airline employees. As a company you say: " At American Airlines, we are continuously advancing our safety and security practices to provide our customers with a travel experience that is safe, worry-free and reliable. A safe, reliable, hassle-free trip is critical to the satisfaction of our customers" Well that was not the case on this flight. I received a extremely lame attempt from customer relations to justify the passengers actions. To date no action has been taken by American Airlines.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

American Airlines Flight 2515
Review category
Transport
review #926565 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with American Airlines? Submit review ›
Helpful? 2 Yes 2 3 No 3
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
23 of 472 American Airlines reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Oct 06 #1223492 Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa

From your photos, I see a woman HOLDING an e-cigarette, not smoking one. I agree with the others, you really are out to find something to complain about. Get a life! I hope this woman finds your ridiculous libel and sues your pathetic self!

2 5 Reply

Oct 12 #1225701 New York, New York, United States

Are you ignorant? Her series of pictures she posted CLEARLY shows the lady taking a hit off of it. Maybe you are just blind and did not see it. Also it is ILLEGAL to smoke e-cigs or vapes on airplanes as well sooooo yeah she should complain. But then I suppose someone like you who berates a person who has every right to complain is also a *** who vapes and disregard smoking laws and has no consideration or respect for the people around him either.

4 1 Reply
h.kitchener

Oct 05 #1222938 Columbia, South Carolina, United States

You must be a liberal democrat---always looking for something to complain about. When you make a series of mistakes early-on in life and become an abject failure your only thought is to complain, complain. Living a life of misery is unbecoming.

4 5 Reply

Sep 27 #1219326 Shady Hills, Florida, United States

Give me a break. Your life and hundreds of others were not at risk. You are a little dramatic, eh. These do not put out smoke, they put out a vapor which does not have a "second-hand" smoke aspect to it. Hardly a risk to others. It is people like you who overdramatize things that make life miserable for everyone else.
American Airlines says a passenger should not do this, but it is not clear to what extent using a vapor device is illegal, per se. I think it is far worse that a fellow passenger goes sneaking around taking photographs of other passengers. That I find much more offensive.
Besides, the airlines handled this correctly. They could tell the passenger to stop, but once she left the plane what did you want the airlines to do. If you were so offended, why didn't you get up and ask the person nicely not to do it, instead of sneaking around taking photographs and being offensive to everyone.

13 6 Reply

Sep 30 #1220785

0 0 Reply

Oct 12 #1225704 New York, New York, United States

Uhhhhhhh your ignorance is showing. It is ILLEGAL to utilize Ecigs and vapes on a plane.

3 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to American Airlines. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about American Airlines.
Filing a new complaint about
×