American Airlines - Paid $6400, got two cancelled flights, missed our connection, and slept on the airport floor with the kids
Got to Chicago O'hare airport 2 hours early headed for Miami and then St.Martin for annual family vacation.
First plane was delayed. Finally boarded 2 hours late, waited at the gate for an hour, then the plane left the gate. We sat on the runway for 1 hour, then we heard there were mechanical problems. Waited around in the plane for another hour, then the flight was cancelled.
Re-booked by phone, but the agent on the phone was not OS approved, whatever that means, so she couldn't finalize the new reservation. I asked several agents at their desks to help me, but they refused, said there were people paid to do that. Finally found a nice agent, she printed out our new reservations. We were now going to Dallas and then Miami.
We missed the Miami-St. Martin flight, so had to catch the one in the morning (one day of vacation gone). The flight from Chicago to Dallas was without issue (arrived 1 minute early). Got to the next flight headed to Miami.
The departure time came and passed, we heard nothing. 1 hour later, the agent at the gate said he knew nothing, and would tell us what was going on as soon as he knew. Then all the agents at the desk left. We sat without knowing anything for 3 hours.
Then the agent came back and said the plane was leaving. We left 4 hours late and arrived in Miami at 2 am. The pilot wished us a merry Christmas and said, and I quote, " there will be a friendly agent at the gate that will help you with your missed connections." When I got off the plane and asked the agent if she could help us, she smiled and said no, we would have to go to customer service about a half mile walk away. So we headed out, with the two sleepy kids.
The line was about 2 miles long, there was no way we would get through it in any reasonable time to get a hotel. So we camped on the floor of the airport. We are now waiting for the Miami flight. Hope that leaves on time.
Thanks American for another wonderful travel experience.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Customer relations
- Cancelled flights
- Delayed flights
- Lying agents
- Condescending pilots
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "What a NIGHTMARE. My husband and I took a vacation in February. We were flying into New Orleans, LA, driving to Houston, TX, finally ending up in Austin, TX..."
- "My American Airlines mishaps... On Friday afternoon on August 29 @ 5:00pm, my sister dropped me off at the Mobile Alabama airport for a 6:45 flight with American Airlines (Eagle). Regarding..."
- "Got to Chicago O'hare airport 2 hours early headed for Miami and then St. Martin for annual family vacation. First plane was delayed. Finally boarded 2 hours late,..."
- "READ ALL THIS AFTER MY 2015 RENTAL...WOW...SOMEONE DOESN'T LIKE THIS WOMEN what amazes me if you look up the house their is a kitchen and the place is beautiful, the..."
- " I just went through the drive-through in Orlando Florida off University Boulevard and it they didn't put the lid on the cup, so when they handed it to me..."
- "Bad news stay away Kelly Anderson Kelly Marie Anderson Gulfbreezemom.com She has had a lot of plastic surgery forehead lips etc..to hide her past . ..."
- "There is something seriously wrong with this company. I had a problem with registration. I suspect that my telephone number was incorrectly registered in a partial registration. Easy to fix?..."
- "I ordered a beautiful arrangement with a stand and a banner, I paid $108.92. What I received was wilted flowers, no banner and then when I called to complain, Avas..."
- "I don't understand how you advertise a purfume sale but no one has any stock some of the warehouses state that they never received any to start with and others..."