American Airlines - Paid $6400, got two cancelled flights, missed our connection, and slept on the airport floor with the kids
Got to Chicago O'hare airport 2 hours early headed for Miami and then St.Martin for annual family vacation.
First plane was delayed. Finally boarded 2 hours late, waited at the gate for an hour, then the plane left the gate. We sat on the runway for 1 hour, then we heard there were mechanical problems. Waited around in the plane for another hour, then the flight was cancelled.
Re-booked by phone, but the agent on the phone was not OS approved, whatever that means, so she couldn't finalize the new reservation. I asked several agents at their desks to help me, but they refused, said there were people paid to do that. Finally found a nice agent, she printed out our new reservations. We were now going to Dallas and then Miami.
We missed the Miami-St. Martin flight, so had to catch the one in the morning (one day of vacation gone). The flight from Chicago to Dallas was without issue (arrived 1 minute early). Got to the next flight headed to Miami.
The departure time came and passed, we heard nothing. 1 hour later, the agent at the gate said he knew nothing, and would tell us what was going on as soon as he knew. Then all the agents at the desk left. We sat without knowing anything for 3 hours.
Then the agent came back and said the plane was leaving. We left 4 hours late and arrived in Miami at 2 am. The pilot wished us a merry Christmas and said, and I quote, " there will be a friendly agent at the gate that will help you with your missed connections." When I got off the plane and asked the agent if she could help us, she smiled and said no, we would have to go to customer service about a half mile walk away. So we headed out, with the two sleepy kids.
The line was about 2 miles long, there was no way we would get through it in any reasonable time to get a hotel. So we camped on the floor of the airport. We are now waiting for the Miami flight. Hope that leaves on time.
Thanks American for another wonderful travel experience.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Customer relations
- Cancelled flights
- Delayed flights
- Lying agents
- Condescending pilots
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "On November 19, 2014 I took an American Airlines fly #2986 from Chicago(ORD) to Detroit (DTW) at 4:20pm. My carry-on luggage has been taken as a valet luggage and..."
- "This is a complaint we submitted to Frontier Airlines. If we receive any resolution, I will update. Flight 409 on 7/2/16. My boyfriend and I were flying to Denver..."
- "We were on board flight 407 Friday night to Las Vegas. 30 min into our flight, my ears became very very uncomfortable. Almost to the point I thought they were..."
- "Bad news stay away Kelly Anderson Kelly Marie Anderson Gulfbreezemom.com She has had a lot of plastic surgery forehead lips etc..to hide her past . ..."
- "READ ALL THIS AFTER MY 2015 RENTAL...WOW...SOMEONE DOESN'T LIKE THIS WOMEN what amazes me if you look up the house their is a kitchen and the place is beautiful, the..."
- "Opened a can of Campbell's Bean with Bacon, CODE # 5 1000 01291 3, Date July 28, 2017. Heated it up and as my husband and I were each eating..."
- "I have been a long time consumer of Newegg off on on for years, and have recently cheered them on the fight against Patent trolls. But recently I ordered..."
- "NuWave generally sells their ovens with the clear dome that, with regular use, cracks and or self-destructs within 6 months to a year. The cost to replace the dome..."
- "they added V.O.D. and extra 50 on internet and more for same phone plus the installation charges. The best way to get this fixed is call the FCC and write..."