3916 E Air Ln, Phoenix, AZ 85034
1.2

I booked a trip to Arizona for a luxury vacation at the Miraval resort. I am not a rich woman and had to save 10 years to pay for this trip.

I flew into Phoenix and booked a shuttle bus to take me to Tucson.

Although I checked in for my flight an hour and a half in advance and boarded in a timely manner, my luggage was not placed on the plane and did not arrive with me in Phoenix. I filed a lost baggage claim at the Phoenix airport and was assure that my luggage would arrive on the next flight from Charlotte and that I should receive it in Tucson shortly thereafter.

This was a lie. Although my luggage arrived in Phoenix approximately 5 hours after my arrival, American did not place it on the next flight from Phoenix to Tucson. I had to phone the Customer Service desk at least 8 times to inquire about the status of my luggage and was informed there was nothing they could do to escalate the matter.

I received my luggage the following day around dinner time.

I was unable to participate in the resort activities for two days as a result of having no clothes/shoes...anything. This was an expensive resort ($1, 000 per night) and I was unable to do ANYTHING due to American Airlines' screw-up.

My return flight was out of Tucson to Phoenix and on to Charlotte. My luggage went to Phoenix but not to Charlotte. After waiting in the American complaint line for 45 minutes, I was told that since my luggage was in Phoenix, there was nothing they could do.

They referred me to an 800 number. After waiting on the phone for 45 minutes, I was able to report my missing luggage. I did not receive my luggage until early evening the following day.

When I returned home, I filed a complaint with American requesting that they refund the points used to book my flights, my baggage fees ($60), and reimburse me for a portion of my resort stay. They refused to do anything other than "consider" my request for a baggage fee refund.

I have been an American Airlines Advantage customer since 2005 but in the eyes of American, this is meaningless.

They have no loyalty or concern for their customers.

American has the worst customer service I have ever experienced and I will do everything in my power to avoid using them in the future. I frequently travel for business, but I would rather take an inconvenient route on another airline than to ever fly American again.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Airlines Baggage Policy.

Reason of review: Untimely receipt of lost baggage on both legs of trip.

Preferred solution: I want AA to refund my baggage check fees($60), reimbuse me for a partial stay at the vacation resort ($2K) and reimburse the points paid for these flights (55000)..

Comments