Chicago, Illinois
Additional Fees
Level of Comfort
Number of Destinations
Quality of Food

After purchasing a Business class ticket for a flight from Chicago to Shanghai and experiencing a delay, mid-flight I noted that the reclining system of my seat and the entertainment system remote were not working.I contacted the stewardess and she explained that she was new to the flight and she did not know how to operate the seat.

I paid for a business class seat expecting to have a fully reclining/ lay flat seat as that is the major benefit of the business class. I needed the rest during the 15 hour flight to perform to the expectations of my Manager and client the following day on Monday and due to this defect, I was unable to. Although by the picture it was clear to American Airlines that the seat was inoperable, I was never notified of this problem or moved to another seat until I was in the flight and the American Airlines employees were unable to resolve the problem. I am a Executive Platinum status member but simply notifying me of the problems with my seat (the flight was delayed for two hours so there was plenty of time to find a solution) is expected of any passenger.

I am very disappointed with the service and treatment I received during this flight and I demanded the reimbursement of the difference (over $4,000) between a coach ticket and what I paid for the business class ticket as I did not receive a business class seat nor entertainment. After contacting American Airlines "Customer Relations", Robyn Langston couldn't do better than a $300 eVoucher and a promise to do better next time... I contacted him again to reconsider but he explained they couldn't agree on anything else.

It looks like I will find out why Emirates Airlines was voted number one airline in the world on my next business trip to Thailand in a few months.What is the point of being loyal to an company if they are indifferent to you.

Review about: American Airlines Inflight Service.

Reason of review: Service purchased was not provided..

I didn't like: Loyal customer treatment, Lack of customer rights, Charging for services not provided.

Had an Experience with American Airlines?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion