After purchasing a Business class ticket for a flight from Chicago to Shanghai and experiencing a delay, mid-flight I noted that the reclining system of my seat and the entertainment system remote were not working.I contacted the stewardess and she explained that she was new to the flight and she did not know how to operate the seat.
I paid for a business class seat expecting to have a fully reclining/ lay flat seat as that is the major benefit of the business class. I needed the rest during the 15 hour flight to perform to the expectations of my Manager and client the following day on Monday and due to this defect, I was unable to. Although by the picture it was clear to American Airlines that the seat was inoperable, I was never notified of this problem or moved to another seat until I was in the flight and the American Airlines employees were unable to resolve the problem. I am a Executive Platinum status member but simply notifying me of the problems with my seat (the flight was delayed for two hours so there was plenty of time to find a solution) is expected of any passenger.
I am very disappointed with the service and treatment I received during this flight and I demanded the reimbursement of the difference (over $4,000) between a coach ticket and what I paid for the business class ticket as I did not receive a business class seat nor entertainment. After contacting American Airlines "Customer Relations", Robyn Langston couldn't do better than a $300 eVoucher and a promise to do better next time... I contacted him again to reconsider but he explained they couldn't agree on anything else.
It looks like I will find out why Emirates Airlines was voted number one airline in the world on my next business trip to Thailand in a few months.What is the point of being loyal to an company if they are indifferent to you.
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Level of Comfort|
|Quality of Food|
|Value for money|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Number of Destinations|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Loyal customer treatment
- Lack of customer rights
- Charging for services not provided
You May Also Like
- "The summary of events are as follows: â€¢ I flew round trip to Montego Bay on American Airline, July 2-7 where I purchased two 3 ft tall hand carved figures made of..."
- "When I went to Arizona on Nov 16th flying with Allegiant Airlines, I was appalled to find they broke my expensive hair curler/straightener. I had to immediately go buy a..."
- "I flew from Oakland to Burbank on Mother's Day 2015. I read the inflight entertainment guide in the seat back and shared the information contained therein with the man..."
- "I was discriminated today due to my race and age. Again by Amber at Mayfair Mall location in Wauwatosa, WI after Sue from Corporate assured me that Jessica(store manager) will..."
- "nothing but problems with engine and transmission. I finally decided to change the oil after it was rather sticky even though it didnt require it. Found a much smaller oil..."
- "www.jbarrlaw.com - Attorney Joseph Barr, places his client at risk by outright theft of property which he refuses to return and failing to agree to stop distributing private information..."
- "Justin Holt from Austin commercial will be tried in court for numerous accounts of fraud: conspiracy to terrorism, fraud, misrepresentation, conspiracy to perjury, false advertising, breach of contract, violation of..."
- "I sent in my LG G3 phone for repair in Sept. I received a status on 10/5 that if I want it repaired it would cost $72 which I agreed..."
- "I am dis-satisfied with my service at this the Tyler Texas Regis salon. My reasons are; Mind you. It was my birthday gift (to myself)-When I called the salon to..."