Chicago, Illinois
1.5

After purchasing a Business class ticket for a flight from Chicago to Shanghai and experiencing a delay, mid-flight I noted that the reclining system of my seat and the entertainment system remote were not working. I contacted the stewardess and she explained that she was new to the flight and she did not know how to operate the seat.

I paid for a business class seat expecting to have a fully reclining/ lay flat seat as that is the major benefit of the business class. I needed the rest during the 15 hour flight to perform to the expectations of my Manager and client the following day on Monday and due to this defect, I was unable to. Although by the picture it was clear to American Airlines that the seat was inoperable, I was never notified of this problem or moved to another seat until I was in the flight and the American Airlines employees were unable to resolve the problem. I am a Executive Platinum status member but simply notifying me of the problems with my seat (the flight was delayed for two hours so there was plenty of time to find a solution) is expected of any passenger.

I am very disappointed with the service and treatment I received during this flight and I demanded the reimbursement of the difference (over $4,000) between a coach ticket and what I paid for the business class ticket as I did not receive a business class seat nor entertainment. After contacting American Airlines "Customer Relations", Robyn Langston couldn't do better than a $300 eVoucher and a promise to do better next time... I contacted him again to reconsider but he explained they couldn't agree on anything else.

It looks like I will find out why Emirates Airlines was voted number one airline in the world on my next business trip to Thailand in a few months. What is the point of being loyal to an company if they are indifferent to you.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Airlines Inflight Service.

Reason of review: Service purchased was not provided..

American Airlines Cons: Loyal customer treatment, Lack of customer rights, Charging for services not provided.

• Airline Travel - American Airline