1.3
Additional Fees

Thought I'd be ok with their refund policy when I had to cancel my flight because of a staffing shortage at work. Surprise!

They basically would only refund me $160 on 2 round trip tickets that cost apx. $800. and will not refund the cost of preferred seating until I book again and pay for more preferred seating. I am an AAdvantage member.

Never been able to use my points and now this. How in the world do they get away with these kinds of practices!

You know they re-sold my seat because it was only 2 days after I booked. I will NEVER fly American again and goodbye to AAdvantage rip-off!

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Comments

"Thought I'd be ok with their refund policy " So when you agreed to the terms of service, you were just joking around right? Do not hit that that little tick box similar to the one you hit to make this complaint IF YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND THE TERMS.

There are no clauses for staffing shortages, family emergencies, deaths in the family, wife won't let you go on the trip etc. You roll the dice when buying tickets and hope life doesn't happen to prevent the trip.

So let's here it... I must work for (insert company).