Fort Worth, Texas

Thanks to my brother in law I fly standby, he still gers paid but it is standby. Never had a problem until today.

Flying from Orlando, stop in Dallas. I finally get on the plane in Orlando, seated, doors shut, i hear my name, i am told they have to board someone, zero explanation. Fine but i am thinking the doors are closed we were about to move. Anyway a few hours later the next flight is available to Dallas.

Now the fun begins. I have been in Dallas since 10 am, it is now 6 pm. I have been close only twice. One flight the flight was a minute from booking standbys when 20 or so people from a mexican rushed the gate.

One woman was standing watch over 8 bags while her friends went to grab food and use the facilities, tnis delayed the flight. frankly this was a first for me, the gate being closed but delayed. I miss two more flights, in line for a third. Same thing happens again.

In line about to board, several people running toward the gate, one guy no lie says wait for his friend, they wait.

Now i am wiped out from waiting, and will just purchase a ticket. But before boarding i will eat dinner and see if they wait

Product or Service Mentioned: American Airlines Flight Booking.

• TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICER

Comments

Courtnie

By the way, I was deeply disappointed in your complaint - when I read "Horror" I thought the ghost of Columbus was attacking people on the plane.

Courtnie

Most of it was incomprehensible but here is my favorite part: "One flight the flight was a minute from booking standbys when 20 or so people from a mexican rushed the gate." As for the rest of it - hearing your name (what?)"he still gers paid but it is standby" (who gets paid?) "Anyway a few hours later the next flight is available to Dallas." (I thought you were IN Dallas)

American Airlines Reviews