Calgary, Alberta

I hadn't flown American since my last horrible experience eight years ago, but decided to give them another chance. What a mistake that was.

I checked in online and selected an aisle seat, which i had already requested. I printed my boarding pass with the seat. When I got to the airport, they had sold my seat for extra money to someone else and moved me to a middle seat. I actually had TWO boarding passes, one with my original aisle seat and one with the new middle.

The person now in my seat said they changed it to a fee seat and charged him $25. The fact that I was sick and had to keep running to the bathroom made it even more imperative to have an aisle seat. Called customer service and was hung up on. Twice.

Check-in counter staff were truly miserable to me. Both flights oversold. Generally rude and horrendous treatment by all staff. Plane has extra small bag storage, dirty trays (really dirty).

One broken bathroom left one bathroom for the 200 people on board. No customs cards. No entertainment despite it being an international flight.

Just horrible. I will never fly American again.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Airlines Flight.

Comments

Flying while sick -- just great.

American Airlines Reviews