Additional Fees
Level of Comfort
Number of Destinations
Quality of Food

American Airlines is horrible!My coworker and I arrived an hour before to the St.

Louis Airport 12/04/16 to catch flight 322 and they did not let us check in our bags. We had to leave our suitcases behind with our clothes and personal items. The staff at the counter was very insensitive and rude. I asked them for help, seeing if they could fly them on the next flight, mail them to me at my expense, get me on the next flight and all I received was a big NO!

We lost all of items because they gave us no other choice. The second flight then only had ONE working restroom that worked, unfriendly staff and the plane landed in a different city, they made us wait almost 2hrs in the plane until they allowed us to get down for water and food an hour away from our final destination, then there they took the time to not express their apologies but explain to us that they wouldn't be refunding the air flight, not taxi or car if we didn't decide to wait more hours there in the terminal until they figured it out. THEE WORST SERVICE EVER!

I will share with as many people as I can so that they know what they can expect.When I reached over the their corporate office to share my story they said it was my fault and I needed to be there earlier.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $200. The author is overall dissatisfied with American Airlines. The most disappointing about american airlines customer care from American Airlines was incompetant staff at counters, check in bag policy and rude staff Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

This person also mentioned the following company Southwest Airlines that you may also consider. Also, you can continue reading comments about American Airlines.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Transport category for more informed decision or compare American Airlines to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with American Airlines?

Comments

Coon Rapids, Minnesota, United States #1255986

I call bull.No way they didn't let you check your bags unless you weren't there in time.

Also...you "lost" all of your items? So you're saying you left them on the floor in the airport and got on the plane? Get real.

If an airline told me I couldn't take my stuff on the plane I simply wouldn't get on the plane.BSBSBS

LadyScot