4102 N West Shore Blvd, Tampa, FL 33614
Additional Fees
Level of Comfort
Number of Destinations
Quality of Food

I took my 75 year old mother to Hawaii for her birthday. We had a roundtrip flight on American Airlines.

On our flight back, we were delayed in Dallas for over 24 hours, and instead of flying us back to Tampa, they flew us to Orlando, but of course our bags landed in Tampa. Not only did they tell us that we were responsible to get our own bags from the Tampa airport, they were not concerned at all that my diabetic mother had no insulin for over 24 hours. As her medication has a short shelf life, she only brought enough for our 1 week vacation.

After contacting American Airlines about my concerns, they sent us each a $100 voucher.

This did not come close to covering our expenses at the airport for food and drinks during our 24+ hours stay. It also did not cover myself or our ride from the airport for missing an extra day of work because of the delay and rerouting us to a different airport.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Airlines Customer Care.

American Airlines Cons: Customer service.

Comments

So why is your mothers insulin stowed? That’s a item you carry on!!

You never trust your life giving meds to the cargo hold!! If they lost her bag she would REALLY have a problem. Delays happen. Unexpected costs during a trip happen.

It’s not like you were singled out and kicked off the plane. You have to plan for getting boned, because that’s what LIFE does from time to time. I’m not saying you shouldn’t whine, I am saying that you have expectations that they WILL NOT ever meet. You want them to give you something for “your troubles” yet fail to realize that a delay IS TROUBLE!!

Not just for you, but even more so for them. You’re out 24 hrs, they are out a cool fifty grand in fuel and maintenance costs. They are not going to add to those costs by pandering to your ego. Sorry, it’s business.

And in business they would rather lose YOU as a customer because there are ten more sheeple lined up behind you willing to toss their money and sanity at them. Is it fair? Nope!!

But it is what it is. Get used to it, it will NOT GET BETTER!!!!

I don't understand the complaint. Your bags landed a few hours away from you?

So what? Get over it snowflake. Liberals like you are destroying this country.

Sorry snowflake, but Capitalism is here to stay. You Socialists can leave the USA.

Delays and re-routes are part of life when flying. No airline is going to reimburse you for food, drinks, etc.

If you are lucky, some will put you up in a hotel but most won't even do that. If you can't handle these things, then you need to find a different way to travel. As an insulin dependent diabetic myself I can't begin to express how insanely STUPID it is to not fly with extra medication.

Just utterly stupid. The only thing I will say is that it should have been the airlines responsibility to get your bags to the correct airport or to offer to ship them to you.