Solon, Ohio
Featured Not resolved

On November 19, 2014 I took an American Airlines fly #2986 from Chicago(ORD) to Detroit (DTW) at 4:20pm.My carry-on luggage has been taken as a valet luggage and it has been damaged .One corner of the luggage has been riped off.

(photo attached)I went to AA luggage office and they told me that AA do not cover damages on carry-on baggage. The luggage was in perfect condition.

If you take a luggage from a passenger it is not carry-on any more and as such you are responsible for the damage.I think that the airlines should reimburse me the replacement cost.

Jacek Fabrykowski

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Had an Experience with American Airlines?

Comments

KevinRichards
Markham, Ontario, Canada #911899

How are we to know the baggage was not damaged before and you are trying to get a free replacementÉ

ff
to KevinRichards Brantford, Ontario, Canada #940771

if it was that damaged, it would likely have been noted at the time. Youi would have to be pretty spaced out not to notice that kind of damage.

American Airlines - Paid $6400, got two cancelled flights, missed our connection, and slept on the airport floor with the kids American Airlines "Got to Chicago O'hare airport 2 hours early headed for Miami and then St. Martin for annual family vacation. First plane was delayed. Finally boarded 2 hours late,..." Read more American Airlines - I had an earwig ALIVE on my salad American Airlines "I bought a almost USD 1000 round trip to NY and I found an earwig alive on my salad. The lady said sorry and offer me another one. I coul..." Read more American Airlines - Inoperative Seat and Entertainment American Airlines "After purchasing a Business class ticket for a flight from Chicago to Shanghai and experiencing a delay, mid-flight I noted that the reclining system of my seat and the entertainment..." Read more Allegiant Air - Don't Risk Flying Allengent Airlines - Pay a little more and go with safer airline...like Southwest Allegiant Air "...Both times, there were 6 to 7 hour delays (with direct flights!!)."On time" is a concept Allengent airlines is not familiar with..." Read more Lkq Corporation - Horrible Lkq Corporation "Everytime me and my husband go to the LKQ in Tampa the new short mexican guy is rude and really needs to learn management skills he has none. The other..." Read more HOW DOES BOOSTABILITY STEAL FROM LAWYERS??? Boostability "NOT WITHOUT THE HELP AND CARTE BLANCHE FROM BANK OF AMRICA!!!! I AM CEO OF A 26 YEAR LAW FIRM. PER TREASURE ACCOUNTING HIGH RECOMENDATIONS OUR THREE COMPANIES HAVE BEEN..." Read more Rustrepairpanels.com rocker panels don't fit Rustrepairpanels "Stay clear of this company. The paper thin aluminium panels they sell don't fit. Mine were too narrow to reach the fastening points on the inner rockers. I tried to..." Read more Gardenwinds - Don't buy the rip lock 350 replacement gazebo canopy Gardenwinds "Rip lock 350 THE WORST! Don't buy this! I bought a 10x12 replacement canopy with the rip lock 350 and within the first month of having it on it ripped..." Read more