Update added by user Nov 20, 2012
Interestingly enough, I received a call from the local AA office now offering me a $375 travel voucher to pay me for my damages.I old them to put it in writing so that I can respond.
I paid CASH for my airline ticket. I paid CASH for my property that AA damaged. I paid CASH for the \"baggage\" fees to transport my property. I paid CASH to shrink wrap my property and I will have to pay CASH to the repair company to repair it.
Even when they repair it, it will never be 100%! A large part of the value of the statutes is that they were made out of 1 solid piece of wood! Now, they are broken into multiple pieces of wood that will have to be glued or nailed back together. Splinters of wood are missing.
A $375 travel voucher is hardly close to compensating me for my property.
At this point, flying on American Airline will be a last resort!I don\'t trust them with my property or customer service to timely address or resolve any issues that may occur.
Original review posted by user Nov 20, 2012
The summary of events are as follows:
"¢ I flew round trip to Montego Bay on American Airline, July 2-7 where I purchased two 3 ft tall hand carved figures made of a solid, single piece of wood for $400 each/$800 for both.
"¢ At the airport in Jamaica, I paid SecureWrap $24 at the airport in Jamaica to shrink wrap and box the figures.
"¢ I then checked them and paid $190 in baggage ($40) and excess baggage ($150) fees.
"¢ Once home, I found that both had been broken (see enclosed before and after pictures). I immediately contacted American Airline (7/7/2012) and filed a complaint on 7/8/2012.
I am requesting a full refund of the baggage fees ($190), a full refund of the shrink wrap fees ($24), repair costs ($375) and loss of value at 20% of the amount paid ($160) totaling $709.
It is now, November and I still have not received any communication from American Airlines regarding resolution. I've written and emailed, the local AA, the corporate Consumer Relations, the EVP of Corporate Consumer Relations, the NC Consumer Protection Agency, and the Dallas/Fort Worth BBB. The only responses to me have been via email (1) stating that they have received my complaint (automatic email) and that (2) stating to say the local office will handle it. Well, guess what. They haven't. Then, their attorney also responded to the NC Consumer Protection Agency to say that the matter is not within their jurisdiction. It's within the US DOT's jurisdiction. I've now submitted my complain there.
AA was quick to charge me $190 in fees to transport my statutes ("baggage"), but they haven't stepped up to the plate when it comes to reimbursing me for the damage done when they threw my statutes around like garbage and broke then. They are important to me and were a major high light of my trip. I'm not going away until I am compensated for the damage to my property.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Damaged Baggage
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "In March I had a shockingly bad MegaBus experience on various levels, and I've heard of similar from friends. When I got home that night, I wrote a review..."
- "After purchasing a Business class ticket for a flight from Chicago to Shanghai and experiencing a delay, mid-flight I noted that the reclining system of my seat and the entertainment..."
- "I have commuted between Aurora and Chicago for many years and each year the schedules get more out of whack, the service declines and the delays become more frequent. Not..."
- "I booked Milestone relocation Services, Raleigh, NC. for 26th June 2016. The move was from home in Cary, NC to a storage location 5 miles away in Cary, NC. They..."
- "TimeWarner appears to be reducing its footprint from existing customers width and strength of Internet capabilities. Our Internet service which once had no connectivity problems, now has regular connectivity..."
- "RV was purchased on 7-31-14 from Camping World Statesville NC for xxxxx. Unit was brought home on 8-9-2014. Immediately we started noticing some things were off on this RV...."
- "Thought I'd try your Publix Supreme Self Rising Crust Pizza. The picture on the box really looked good. Too bad the pizza INSIDE the box didn't look like that...."
- "We got the buy two Samsung phones, get a free 50" smart TV. We got the free TV within the 6-8 weeks, but when we got it, we pulled..."
- "Purchased patio door from Lowe's. Went with this product on recommendation by contractor. *** move. Issue one. Door arrived with passive latch system broken. Lowes..."