I bought a new piece of new (expensive) luggage for a recent American Airline flight. Luggage arrived with zipper sheared off, wheel missing, wheel base sheared off, trim cut, 8 inch seam ripped and black marks over the entire piece.

When the piece arrived in Alaska (now connected Alaskan Airlines)I was rudely informed that all damage was within acceptable expectations and the supervisor refused to file a claim. I was also informed that I bought the luggage to protect the contents and that is what it did.

Where does it state that I should expect to use my luggage for half a trip? Or that this damage is within acceptable expectations?

Can anyone tell me how to complain to the correct department? I have not been able to locate direct phone numbers or an address.

I have one more trip that I have already paid for with American Airlines...can I wear a "complaint" t-shirt and still get on the plane?

Review about: American Airlines Flight.

Had an Experience with American Airlines?

Comments

4Justice
#319944

If you were connecting between American and Alaska Air then your complaint should be with American (not Alaska). American took and accepted your bags and they are responsible regardless of how many connecting flights are in between your final destination. Addresses and customer service complaints can be found at AA.com or you can go directly to the airport baggage claim area of American to get a damaged bag form.