I was booked on Flight 1478 from Philadelphia to Miami (and on to Tallahassee) on Sunday, February 4.I checked my bag.

After the plane had mechanical problems and had to come back to Philly, I was rebooked on a flight the next day. When I got back to Tallahassee on Monday night (7:15pm), I wanted to check to see if my bag arrived. The customer service room was closed, locked and the lights were out. So I went home.

The next day I tried to call to see if the bag was at the airport. The only number I could get was an 800 number that said I should go to the airport to see if the bag was there. I called the airport administration and asked them to go down to the American Customer Service office and have them call me. The administrator went out of her way to do so and I got a call from American's Customer Service desk.

They confirmed that my bag was there but refused to have it delivered to me because they were there until midnight the day before. I told them that no one was there. They said I should have gone to the check in counter and that there was a sign on the customer service office door directing customers to do that. I told her that there was no sign when I was there, but she insisted there was.

Therefore, I had to come to the airport to get the bag, which I did. While I was there, I ran into the guy who delivers bags and he called someone to open the office (at 5pm). She told me that she didn't know why they didn't give out a telephone number and that the sign telling people to go to the ticket counter if no one was in the Customer Service office had been removed a week previously by instruction from an American Airlines inspector. So, why not give out the Customer Service number?

Why not put a sign on the door of Customer Service explaining how to get your bag is no one is on duty? Why not deliver a bag when the reason it is there is due to an airline problem? Is this how American deals with its customers?

No wonder it gets such low ratings.BTW, the Customer Service number for the Tallahassee American Airlines office is 850-668-1458

Review about: American Airlines Flight 1478.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.