Shreveport, Louisiana
1.2

Booked a trip from Shreveport, La. To Cancun thru Dallas.

Scheduled for 6am flight from Shreveport to Dallas, the leave Dallas for cancun at 7:40 am. American Airlines called at 11:40 pm the night before we were to depart, and stated the flight from Shreveport was delayed and they were going to reschedule us for an afternoon flight a day later. When we declined this, a lady came on to assist, two offers were presented, one to fly out the next day, the other to drive to another city 100 miles away and fly out later that day. Neither option worked in with our Vacation plans, so I asked for rebooking on another flight from Shreveport or another carrier, they could or would not make these arrangements.

No reason given for the delay of our flight, however, now she has informed us that the flight was cancelled. I decided to get up at midnight, with only an hour and a half sleep and drive the 180 miles to Dallas - Fort Worth airport, which I'm familiar with to catch our original connecting flight. We arrived in Dallas at 4:30 am, parked and checked in, no problem. Thankfully, our trip other that this fiasco was outstanding.

I'm still waiting to get my refund for the 2 flight, plus seat upgrades I purchased. Also I believe that I should be compensated for my parking of $154 that I would not have had to pay at our home airport, and my $80 in gas that I had to use to get to Dallas and back.

This still does not compensate me for the loss of sleep the night before my trip, or the 7 plus hours of driving I had to endure due to the "breach of contract" on behalf of American Airlines. I pay a higher rate to fly out of shreveport for the convenience, ( Shreveport is one of the highest priced regional airports in the country).

Product or Service Mentioned: American Airlines Flight.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

American Airlines Cons: Lack of options.

Comments