Willow Grove, Pennsylvania

Flight # 678

PHX to Newark

Travel date on 21st March 2016

Purchased on 20th Feb 2016

On 20th of march i booked the flight from google flights from PHX to Newark by accidentally instead of selecting 21st Feb 2016 i selected 21st March and this was happen when i was trying to book on my smartphone.Immediately within 20 minutes of this reservation i called American airlines customer care to get help of the situation and i happen to spoke to supervisor she claimed her name to be "Devi" i'm not quietly sure if i spell her name right and i was quoting about the airline policies of American airlines about the cancellation or re-scheduling the flight within 24hrs of the booking and she insisted that was not the policy with AA, after couple of minutes of mute she was not responding to me and finally she said thank you for contacting us and bye and hang up the call on me. i made another call to another AA representative and she helped me to cancel the ticket and advice me to contact customer relation.

I'm writing this to get my refund back also expressing a concern about not provided me the service as per the airline policy of cancellation or re-schedule the flight with in 24hrs.

Aftre that today March 4th 2016 i made a call to another supervisor to address the concern and better get the right information on how to contact customer relation and i had this outstanding and stunning reply from AA supervisor. Today March 4th 2016 I contacted American Airlines Supervisor to explain my situation about the misguided situation i had with the America airlines representative. She hesitated to say her name and she was't hearing my situation and she started raising her voice, humiliated me by saying unprofessional words. Being a professional i though not to type this work but this needs to be addressed as she hang up the call on my face saying "*** you or *** yourself" i haven't used any unprofessional words or either raised my voice on her in fact i addressed he with "Mama" i'm in a shock the way she spoke to me. I'm requesting you to call me @ 407-680-8478

Product or Service Mentioned: American Airlines Flight Booking.

American Airlines Cons: Rude attendant, Supervisor using f word, Custmor support supervisor yelling on the call.

Comments

I accidentally booked the ticket for March 20th....I made this reservation on 20th Feb 2016 does this not a 7 days prior to the travel date ?

My travel date is on 20th march i booked this on 20th Feb.....

I was requesting either of the options of "Holding the ticket" or "Cancellation" i'm not asking them to refund. are you clear on this ?

when you book the tickets from google/flights it will forward you to AA website for completion of booking......Google is just a search engine but not a travel agent........i'm shocked that you are saying google/flights is a travel agent ...!!! get some education google is an search engine that searches the available flights and forward you to their corresponding websites.

May be Using an "F" Word is the right thing for you but i deserve some professionalism and dignity on the call with agent.

I'm posting this not for money but i felt disrespect of the call with AA supervisor. And finally hats off to you take stand for this *** holes.......can't imagine what kind of an *** you are.

You are in the wrong. First, the 24 hour rule applies only to flights booked at least 7 days in advance.* Second, the 24 hour rule does not apply to purchase of tickets through travel agents, google flights, but only when purchased directly from the airlines.

Third, American Airlines does not offer the 24 hour refund policy, because they offer a "hold" on the ticket for 24 hours which is an acceptable alternative and complies with the federal regulation.

*Be careful typing dates because in your complaint you state you bought the ticket on March 20 which is not yet here.

I assume you meant February 20, to buy a ticket for the next day, February 21st. That is why the first reason above applies and you get no refund.

American Airlines Reviews