Garner, North Carolina

My Letter to VP of Flight Operations: "Hi Mr. Stone, Thank you for accepting my request.

On Sunday June 12 I was scheduled to fly out of DFW to RDU at 6:30 PM. DFW had canceled several flights to to sever weather. I understand that, but what happened afterwards has left me wondering if I should book future flights with AA. After arriving in DFW , I immediately located a boarding agent and requested a seat on the next flight to RDU.

She took my ID an issues me a boarding pass. I was a little surprised but didn't think much of it. After boarding the plane I was informed that there was a mistake and I was issues the wrong boarding pass. It had another passenger's name on it.

I was asked to leave the plane and I politely told them that I was not leaving the flight because it was American's mistake. The captain said "Well we can do this the easy way or the hard way, but you are exiting this plane". What upset me most was that they allowed several stand by passengers to stay on the flight and did not ask any of them to leave. It was obvious that the flight was overbooked because there were 2 other gentlemen that were asked to leave along with myself.

When I asked for compensation for a room, or an upgrade to first class on the next flight, I was told no because it was due to DFW ATC stopping flights for 4 hours. I have had other issues with American in the past, IE, Flight delays and changing gates. At a time when oil prices are low and the Airlines are recording record profits, i cannot understand why AA was not willing to comp the Motel room and cab fair. I would like to respectfully request a full refund of my ticket plus compensation of $200 for the motel room and cab fare.Please let me know if AA can accommodate my request.

Thanks." This is the response I received from the VP of Flight Operations: "Sir: I am away from my office at this time, but to ensure your concerns are reviewed, I would like to suggest that you contact customer relations via AA.COM. I work on the flight operations side of the business and customer relations is better suited to investigate your concerns." Unbelievable, blown off by the VP.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Airlines Customer Care.

Comments