Rapid City, South Dakota

Update by user Nov 19, 2014

So I finally did get a phone call from an American Airline Executive. I was told that it was mt fault I didnt buy travelers insurance because that would have covered the cost.

They also told me that because I agreed to accept the flight to State College I wasn't entitled to a refund because if I would have waited they guarantee getting me to my original destination eventually.

As for the behavior of employees, he said sorry, they will use my complaint as a training material for what not to do. So my advise, DON'T TRUST AMERICAN AIRLINES.

Original review posted by user Oct 20, 2014

Was in Rapid City, SD and had to fly home for an emergency to Williamsport, PA on Aug. 9, 2014.

My original ticket was to go from SD to Dallas, to Phil to Williamsport. Fog delayed all flights (out of airlines control) so I tried to work with AA agent to change connecting flights as I knew I would miss them and they refused. That was the beginning. Once in Dallas, I was sent 4x across the airport between AA and US Air and 1 1/2 hours wasted for them to tell me "can't get you there".

Closes they could manage was State College, PA, 2 hours away from home. I managed to find 1 available rental car in State College if I arrived by 10:15pm. The flight was due in at 9:23pm, no problem. Got to gate, and delay announced for safety inspection.

I approached AA agent asked expected delay as I knew I could find several rental cars in Phili and could start driving the 4 1/2 hours then if the delay was going to be long. She told me only 15-20 min. Half hr. later I went up again, before I could say a word she stated, "you already asked, don't ask again".

My flight arrived in State College at 10:05pm. Pilot announced, "we need to remain at the gate until all luggage is safely removed before passengers can unload." This was a nightmare. I got a stewardess' attention and with the help of the pilot they personally escorted me off the plane so I didn't miss my rental car. Now the rest of the nightmare.

I have contacted the AA complaint department and nicely asked that someone call me as they only allow minimal characters in an email complaint and I couldn't include everything. I received an email response 6 weeks later from Angela Dean at American Airlines saying she knows I wanted a call but she wants to avoid "phone tag" so email is better, I was offered I miniscule voucher that didn't even cover my car costs. I again responded and asked for a phone call only to have my email returned to me as "sent to unread account". The level of unprofessionalism I dealt with the day I traveled has continued when I can't be given the courtesy of a call to discuss the numerous problems that occurred.

I wish someone from that Airline with some authority would have the decency to call me as requested.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Airlines Flight.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments