Chandler, Arizona

American Airlines declined to check my baggage 54 minutes before my flight from PHX to SAN, enroute to Cabo San Lucas. However, were very happy to charge me $125 per person change fee for flights the following day. Kept me running from one counter to another as the were not able to secure an available timely flight on their system. What level of incomptence is this airline striving to achieve? AA left me with hotel and meal expenses as I am waiting for a flight due to their inability in handling the spring break traveler load. The ticket counters were in no way staffed to handle the traveler load at 6:00 am for one of the countries busiest airports. My unexpected costs incurred via AA inadequate planning, currently ~$400 plus the $250 resort daily fee loss.

I did notice the Southwest Airline counter across the terminal was running with a buiness plan that was efficient and effective!

Product or Service Mentioned: American Airlines Flight 6173.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

The same level of incompetence you have shown. You are going on an international flight.

You know and your luggage have to be checked in at least an hour ahead of time. You should have been at the airport --AT A MINIMUM -- two hours before the scheduled flight. You admit that a) its an early morning flight with lots of people, and b) a busy airport.

It is obvious that you did not get there in time -- no one to blame but yourself.

How were all the other passengers on the plane able to board? Perhaps they came timely, instead of strolling in at the last moment.

American Airlines Reviews