Barcelona, Catalonia
2.0

Last October, I took a return Business Class flight from Barcelona to San Francisco. When collecting my boarding pass from the Barcelona ticket agent, an American Airlines supervisor approached me and asked if I would be interested in swapping my arrangement (BCN to JFK to SFO) for a British Airways route (BCN to LHR to SFO). "Better equipment," she said, "and you arrive in SFO an hour earlier."

Well, sure, I said, reminding her of a 20,000 mile AA promotion (USF14) that I had registered for. "No problem; you'll get the promotion," she said.

Actually, big problem. After several repeated requests, AA has not only reneged on the promotion, but refused to reply. And worse, although I submitted copies of the ticket and receipt (6 November 2014), AA has not even credited my Aadvantage account with mileage for the BCN/LHR/SFO return flight. If this is how the new AA is treating its 2-million milers flying Business Class, I can only imagine how they treat the people in the back of the plane.

I am interested in hearing any suggestions about approaching American Airlines Aadvantage Customer Service (again), and convincing them to honor their promises.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Airlines Flight.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

American Airlines Cons: Customer relations.

Comments