Additional Fees
Level of Comfort

Toronto-Chicago-Portland was my original itinerary. 1st flight was delayed and many of us missed connecting flights.

My new itinerary included flying from Chicago to Dallas/Fort Worth and THEN to Portland - that added extra 5 hrs to my trip AND I missed a dinner at the conference. I did ask an AA rep to find a better option and indicated that I was a MD attending a conference in Portland, that I'd be missing the official dinner, etc. She just stared blankly at me: "who gives a ***k?" In Chicago an AA rep was very irritated that I was not issued "new proper tickets" - she repeated it at least 10 times and basically told me to shut up when I pointed out it was not my fault. Needless to say that, upon finally arriving to Portland after the midnight, I could not locate my bag.

Guess what? It was sent to Seattle. Thanks for that. Could've been Tokyo or London.

I was wearing shorts and sandals and had nothing but a laptop with me.. I asked a AA rep to think how I would look tmr at the conference in my attire...he shrugged and said to buy some clothes. That piece of advice was really valuable considering it was past midnight.

My bag was delivered to the hotel only next evening. I'm filing an official complaint - I doubt these pigs would refund me but I'll do my damnedest.

Review about: American Airlines Baggage Policy.

Comments