American Airlines - Protest $25 Phone Booking Fee

I called American Airlines because I was unable to use their site to book due to their technical issue. The rep on the phone said I would have to pay $25 to book by phone even if their site did not work. The lady was very discourteous and eventually hung up on me altogether. Why are they charging consumers to take their money?! Especially if it is their fault in the first place.

I started an online demand to ask them to change this policy. Please join me or start your own!

More Review Details

Helpful? 3 Yes 3 9 No 9
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Login
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Sep 13, 2012 #541552

Why pay them another $25 when you can go to a better airline? How long does it takes to book a ticket over the phone? Ten minutes? So basically, they can charge $150 an hour and pay their employees $12 an hour. An easy extra $138 per employee each hour. For the customer, you just get the same crappy service before, during, and after the flight.

Mar 01, 2012 #440892

The sure-fire remedy, if your blood-pressure can take it, is to telephone web support. Believe it or not, when they confirm there is a web problem, they can direct the call to an agent and no fee.

Feb 28, 2012 #438811

I have had similar issues with American Airlines website, but have never been charged when getting phone assistance.

Feb 27, 2012 #438284

Banks charge phone fees . Book on the computer and stop whining . The bottom line is they want to keep the fare down.

Feb 19, 2012 #433222

I have cut back on my flying by 50 percent because of the way the airlines scam their customers.

I hope they think it is worth it - I cut out a few thousand dollars of travel because I am sick of them.

Feb 02, 2012 #421438

Wow for the bathroom! They may all charge but it doesn't make it right, and ultimately we as the consumers have the power ($$$). Thanks for joining my demand.

Feb 02, 2012 #421425

Unfortunately, they all charge that fee. However, they should wave it when their site is down. I heard recently (not an American airlines) that an airline was going to start charging for bathroom use..amazing.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.